Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Fedora 11

I torrented Fedora 11 yesterday, and installed it on my Asus Eee 900 last night. There were some serious problems in the install, but I found a workaround.
On the smaller drive, I created a 200 meg ext3 partition for /boot, and use the rest of the space for an ext4 "/" partition. On the larger drive, I created a 4 gig ext4 "/usr/share" partition. This is the folder that all the documentation is found in. Putting it on the larger but slower drive not only saves space, but also keeps your programs running quickly. I intended to create a 2 gig swap partition on this drive, but for some reason, that was crashing Anaconda. So I left a 2 gig hole in that drive, with the intention of adding a swap partition later. The rest of the space went toward my "/home" folder.
So far I am pleased with Fedora 11. Everything "just works", including my webcam, which I hadn't gotten working under Fedora 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment